Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Engagement Brain

So.. I have heard of pregnancy brain but has anyone ever experienced engagement brain? Sometimes I have moments (usually while I'm drifting off to sleep or when I'm trying to create the 300th list of things to do for the wedding) where I absolutely feel insane. And I wish I could fast forward to the day before the wedding so the planning is done and I can just relax! Tony is always there to help calm my anxiousness and help me remember that the details are trivial in comparison to the big picture. He's great at that actually. Unfortunately I've been having this recurring dream that creeps up on me. It comes in a few different forms, but the topic and the feeling of sheer anxiousness is always the same. It is the morning of the wedding.. and I have done almost NOTHING! My gown is nowhere to be found, I haven't packed my things to move in with him, I have no suitcase for the honeymoon, etc, etc. I scramble around trying to do my hair and see how much time I have to get ready and then I wake up feeling crazy.

Is this normal?? To remedy this I have tried to not think about wedding stuff right before bed. I hope it helps. The good news is that I only have 66 more days of being engaged :)



I promise I'm not crazy.. just a little anxious and very, very excited :)

3 comments:

  1. The whole planning thing overtakes the brain and it is easy to get lost in the details. Focusing on a few things a day is helpful because you know that little by little things are getting done. And in the end, something will probably not be exactly as you planned, but perfect anyway. Good luck. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't have those types of dreams, but I think it's because my mom did most of the work. I did have dreams where I forgot John existed and I was all alone. Good luck getting the final details planned. I know it'll be great!

    ReplyDelete