Friday, October 14, 2011

California

In September I packed up the little one and exchanged the cool weather for some hot temperatures and lots of fun! We had a free flight to use and I figured that a trip to California by myself would be pretty doable. My good friend Mindy drove in from Arizona to see us (it had been about 2 years!) and I stayed with my aunt Stephanie in Redlands. Oliver had a busy trip full of playing with his greats (aunt and grandparents) , teething, and meeting lots of new people. His first two teeth popped through and I had bags under my eyes and that newborn daze all over again. He slept horribly most of the trip, but despite the exhaustion we had a great time.

Oliver loved showing off his tricks of moving his hands along to "The Itsy Bitsy Spider", and once even waved "bye bye" to grandpa. Oliver especially loved his great grandpa! I came home tired and sore from what felt like hours of wrestling my wiggly baby to stay on my lap to a husband that missed his little boy terribly. Next time we'll have to make the trip together. :)


With some of Stephanie's close friends, Jennifer and Sheila. Some day we will all go to Disneyland together!

Oliver enjoyed the fine rugs :)

With the great grandparents (my dad's parents)


Having fun with great grandpa Ted


Oliver with Mindy


Such a great trip!


1 comment:

  1. I can't believe how much older Oliver looks here! And you look great in that lipstick color!

    ReplyDelete