Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Catching up...

I had great intentions of posting honeymoon pictures of our trip to Kaua'i about 2 months ago... but somehow I seem more content reading other blogs than actually keeping ours updated. Oops :) So.. while those are still to come... eventually... here is an update of what is happening in our newlywed lives:

First and foremost, our time in Pullman is rapidly coming to an end. Tony is about to complete his year long internship and we move this Saturday! Needless to say we are quite excited for the next adventure in our life in Portland! Tony will be back in his hometown after 11 years and I know he couldn't be more excited to live close to family and friends. I'm happy to be close to the people we love and am excited for all of the things there are to do in Oregon. So for now we are packing! And in between packing we are watching the World Cup. It has definitely been exciting this year as we cheer on our favorite teams into the next round! Go South Korea and USA!!!!

Next week we head to Provo, UT for the next big thing in our lives.. Tony's dissertation defense! Tony is set to defend his dissertation on July 1st. It's so wonderful for me to see how hard Tony has worked to be able to get to this point. I'm so proud of him!

For the rest of the summer we are looking forward to some relaxing time in Portland, a trip to Michigan to be with my family, and Tony's graduation in August before he begins his postdoc at Reed College at the end of August. And somewhere in between all of that I will try to find a job!

I hope that the beginning of summer is treating everyone well, with nice weather and relaxing times!

No comments:

Post a Comment